Vejvisning til Fresh* Sheets Hostel Dubrovnik Old Town
kort og rutebeskrivelse
.:DIRECTIONS TO FRESH* SHEETS, DUBROVNIK, CROATIA:.
Dubrovnik is a hilly town. There are stairs everywhere. The historical Old Town is completely pedestrian and not accessible by public vehicles. This is part of its charm but can also come as quite a shock. Be prepared.
To make your life easier, please print these step by step directions. Street names in the Old Town are not very useful and a lot of people aren't familiar with the names of smaller streets. Also, you may find it easier to travel with a backpack instead of dragging a suitcase over the cobbled streets, gravel courtyards, and up and down all those stairs.
If you arrive by automobile, the city recently completed a huge parking garage located @ 15 minute walk from the Old City gates. It is probably your best option and safer than parking on the street where the city police are renowned for ticketing and towing cars. When you drive into Dubrovnik, you can't miss it. There is a very very large sign. From the parking garage, take a bus or walk to the main gates. The instructions for finding the hostel from the main gate is listed below.
Passenger boats and buses arrive to the port of Gruz in Dubrovnik. The Old Town is a 10 to 20 minute drive away (depending on traffic). To get to the Old Town, you can either take a taxi (@50 KUNA) or ride the public bus (15 KUNA). If you buy your bus ticket from the newspaper kiosk, it is cheaper. Hop on either the 1A or 1B 'Pile Gate' bus. Once you get to the Old Town, enter through Pile Gate (main entrance).
Upon arrival, your cheapest option is to take an airport shuttle (@35 KUNA) which picks up passengers outside the arrival hall and drops you off just outside Pile Gate (main entrance to the Old Town). Airport taxis are available as well (@250 KUNA). The taxi line is next to the shuttle bus. If no taxis are available, you can request one from the information desk.
Once you have entered 'Pile Gate' (the main entrance to Dubrovnik's Old Town), it's about a ten minute walk to Fresh* Sheets.
(1) Head straight down the main street 'Placa' (Stradun) towards the Clock Tower. One block before the Clock Tower, turn right (just after a large cafe called 'Cele' with alfresco seating). If you pass the statue of Orlando in front of St. Blaise's Church, you've gone too far. (@ 2-5 minutes)
(2) Walk straight. If you arrive in the morning, you will pass old ladies selling fruits and vegetables in Gundulic Square. The prices are more expensive than if you visit the Konzum supermarket just next to them but if you can make them smile, maybe worth it. During the evening, Gundulic Square is filled with dining tables. Continue past the square and up the rather daunting steps leading to the Jesuit Monastery. (@ 3 minutes)
(3) Once you have climbed the 'Spanish Steps', take a breather. To your right is the Jesuit Monastery. Completed in 1725, it houses the oldest bell in Dubrovnik (cast in 1355 by Vivencije and his son Viator). Next to the Church is the baroque building of the former Collegium of Dubrovnik. Caught your breath? :) Now walk left through the gravel courtyard until you see a wooden sign that reads 'Cold Drinks With Most Beautiful View'. (@ 30s)
(4) Turn right at the sign towards the cliff-side cafe bar 'Cold Drinks' (Buza). This will take you along a path and gradual steps that follow the outer sea wall. Once you see the next 'Cold Drinks' sign, you are almost at Fresh* Sheets. You may be tempted to knock back a cold beer but save your money, a 'welcome' drink is waiting for you! (@ 3 minutes)
(5) Continue walking straight past two small alleys. Fresh* Sheets is the tall corner building located on your right-hand side. It is a light blue four-story building with a yellow lamp hanging from the corner (directly across from a garden area). (@ 1 minute)
(6) Welcome to Fresh* Sheets!!!
Looking forward to your stay!
Jon and Sanja and the Fresh* Crew
Fresh* Sheets Hostel Dubrovnik Old Town
Svetog Šimuna 15